Mortgage in a day
Whether you’ve found your dream home or you’re still on the hunt, getting your mortgage approval in a day could put you ahead of the competition. So you could be in a great position when it’s time to make that offer.
Here’s how it works…
Book a mortgage appointment with one of our specialist advisers, available 7 days a week.
Our mortgage team will confirm when your appointment will be and what documentation you’ll need to dig out.
You’ll receive a reminder prior to the appointment to make sure you’ve got everything ready.
Whether we can approve your mortgage and whether we can do so in a day will depend upon your individual needs and circumstances, as well as the complexity, timing, and features of your application. More complex cases may take longer.
Your dedicated mortgage advisor will call at the time of your appointment and take you through the mortgage application, discussing the documentation you’ve provided and talking through what you need from your mortgage to help you decide what you want and what’s affordable. The appointment will ultimately allow us to gather the information we need from you to let the approval process take place. And at the end of the day, your mortgage could have been approved.
Things you need to know
Here are a few things you need to know before you book your mortgage approval in a day appointment:
- You need to be an existing first direct customer and over 18 years old.
- This service is only available by prior appointment with one of our mortgage specialists. Whether we can approve your mortgage and whether we can do so in a day will depend upon your individual needs and circumstances, as well as the complexity, timing, and features of your application. More complex cases may take longer, however our mortgage specialists can guide you through this during the appointment.
- If you have access to the internet, we might be able to check some of your documentation before your mortgage appointment; this could save additional time on the day.
- Our mortgage approvals team don’t work through the night so in some cases where your appointment is in the evening, you might not receive a response that same day. We will, however, come back to you as soon as possible with either an approval or an update.
- We’ll be able to consider you for your approval in a day if you’re self-employed too. Our mortgages team will let you know what additional documentation we’ll need from you to consider this when you book your mortgage appointment.
- Once you have your mortgage approval, the amount we lend will be subject to the valuation of the home your mortgage will be secured on.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
† Our Mortgage Team is available Mon to Fri 8am to 10pm, Sat 8am to 8pm and Sun 9am to 8pm.