The offset calculator is designed to provide an overview of the amount of interest you could save on a monthly basis and over the term of your interest-only Offset Mortgage by offsetting your current account and savings balances.
The figures provided by this calculator are approximate and are for indication purposes only.
Warning - the information provided by this tool is for illustrative purposes only and is not a precise calculation. This information does not contain all of the details you need to choose a mortgage. Make sure you read the separate Key Facts Illustration before you choose a mortgage.Click here to view the HTML version of this tool
- Interest rate - the calculator assumes that the interest rate will remain the same for the term of the mortgage
- Length of month - months are of equal length and are set at 30.4 days so the monthly interest will not differ
- Rounding of payment amounts - amounts are rounded up or down accordingly for display purposes
- Interest - interest is calculated daily and added monthly
- Amount of interest saved - interest saved is rounded up or down accordingly for display purposes
- Total savings balance - the calculator assumes that the total savings balance illustrated is held in a linked account(s) and remains constant throughout the term of the mortgage. If the total savings balance is increased/decreased on an adhoc basis the monthly interest payments will also increase/decrease respectively.
- Mortgage amount - as this is an interest only mortgage, at the end of the mortgage term there will still be an outstanding balance of the original mortgage amount. You must ensure you have a repayment plan in place to repay this balance.
Warning - the information provided by this tool is for illustrative purposes only and is not a precise calculation. This information does not contain all of the details you need to choose a mortgage. Make sure you read the separate Key Facts Illustration before you choose a mortgage.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
If you're new to first direct
0800 48 24 48
first direct account holders
08 456 100 103
first direct mortgage holders
08 456 100 173
Follow these easy steps to start your online mortgage application:
- Search our range of mortgages to find and compare the ones available to you.
- Choose a mortgage that suits your needs.
- Select “Apply” to start your application or existing first direct mortgage customers please call 08 456 100 103 to switch your deal, or 08 456 100 236 for additional borrowing.