Fixed Rate Mortgages
Know what you’re paying each and every month
A Fixed Rate Mortgage gives you the certainty that your payments won’t change for a set period, no matter what happens to interest rates generally.
- fix your interest for an agreed length of time such as 2 or 5 years
- your monthly payments will always be the same during this time
- available on Repayment and Offset Mortgages
- you can make unlimited overpayments to your mortgage whenever you like – but you might have to pay an Early Repayment Charge if you repay your whole mortgage during the fixed rate period
- at the end of the fixed rate period, your mortgage rate will revert to the Standard Variable Rate unless you successfully apply for another rate.
Fixed Rate Mortgages are limited and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
You may also like
Would a Tracker Rate be better for you?
A Tracker Rate sets your interest rate at an agreed percentage above the Bank of England Base Rate.
Or a Standard Variable Rate?
An interest rate, set by us, which may vary from time to time over the mortgage term.