Amend your existing online application
If you’ve recently applied for your first direct mortgage online and wish to make any amendments to your application, you’re able to change the following online:
- loan amount
- mortgage term
- mortgage type (i.e. change from offset to repayment only)
- interest rate (e.g. change from fixed, tracker or standard variable)
In order to make amendments, you’ll need to:
1. Use our ‘Find a mortgage for you’ tool to find the mortgage you would now wish to change to – remembering to select ‘Amending an existing application’ in the ‘I am..’ field.
2. Once you’ve selected the mortgage, you’ll then need to click on ‘Full details’, followed by ‘How to Apply’.
3. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Please Note: You'll need to complete a new mortgage application if you want to make any other amendments to your online mortgage application or if your application was submitted over five months ago. If you do not wish to amend your interest rate, but cannot find the interest rate you originally applied for, please call us on 03 456 100 103.
first direct Offset Mortgages are interest only mortgages. The monthly payments shown on the next screen will cover only the interest charged on your mortgage.
This payment does not cover an amount that you need to pay to a repayment strategy. You are responsible for making your own arrangements to repay your mortgage at the end of the mortgage term.
You must demonstrate that you have a suitable repayment strategy in place. You may choose to use an endowment policy or another investment or savings plan.
Interest rate change calculator
Here's a handy tool to show you what impact a change in the interest rate is likely to have on your monthly payments.
This tool is for repayment mortgages. A tool for offset mortgages will be available soon.
This is a guide of what could happen. It only looks at your minimum monthly payment and doesn’t include any voluntary overpayments you might make.
Your current details
Please tell us about your current repayment mortgage. Your most recent annual mortgage statement will help you.
If you have more than one repayment mortgage account, you will need to carry out a separate calculation for each.
Your monthly repayments
The monthly payment is the minimum you would need to pay.
Current monthly payment
Estimated monthly payment
- interest rate - the calculator assumes that the interest rate will remain the same for the term of the mortgage
- length of month - months are of equal length and are set at 30.4 days so the monthly interest will not differ
- rounding of repayment amounts - amounts are rounded up or down accordingly for display purposes
- interest - interest is calculated daily and added monthly
- overpayments - the calculator assumes that there are no overpayments throughout the term of the mortgage
Find a mortgage for you
Quickly search our wide range of mortgages to find those that may be available to you.
Find a mortgage
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
† Our Mortgage Team is available Mon to Fri 8am to 10pm, Sat 8am to 8pm and Sun 9am to 8pm