Amend your existing online application
If you’ve recently applied for your first direct mortgage online and wish to make any amendments to your application, you’re able to change the following online:
- loan amount
- mortgage term
- mortgage type (i.e. change from offset to repayment only)
- interest rate (e.g. change from fixed, tracker or standard variable)
In order to make amendments, you’ll need to:
1. Use our ‘Find a mortgage for you’ tool to find the mortgage you would now wish to change to – remembering to select ‘Amending an existing application’ in the ‘I am..’ field.
2. Once you’ve selected the mortgage, you’ll then need to click on ‘Full details’, followed by ‘How to Apply’.
3. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Please Note: You'll need to complete a new mortgage application if you want to make any other amendments to your online mortgage application or if your application was submitted over five months ago. If you do not wish to amend your interest rate, but cannot find the interest rate you originally applied for, please call us on 03 456 100 103.
first direct Offset Mortgages are interest only mortgages. The monthly payments shown on the next screen will cover only the interest charged on your mortgage.
This payment does not cover an amount that you need to pay to a repayment strategy. You are responsible for making your own arrangements to repay your mortgage at the end of the mortgage term.
You must demonstrate that you have a suitable repayment strategy in place. You may choose to use an endowment policy or another investment or savings plan.
Mortgages Overpayment Calculator
Click here to view the HTML version of this tool
The overpayments calculator is designed to provide you with an illustration of how much interest you could save and how much quicker you could pay off your repayment mortgage, if you made regular overpayments to your mortgage each month.
Warning - the information provided by this tool is for illustrative purposes only and is not a precise calculation. This information does not include all of the details that you need to select a mortgage or compare mortgages. Make sure you read the separate Key Facts Illustration before you choose a mortgage.
- interest rate - the calculator assumes that the interest rate will remain the same for the term of the mortgage
- length of month - months are of equal length and are set at 30.4 days so the monthly interest will not differ
- rounding of repayment amounts - amounts are rounded up or down accordingly for display purposes
- rounding of time saved - the time saved is presented as year/month saved. The figure is rounded down to the closest month
- interest - interest is calculated daily and added monthly
- amount of interest saved - interest saved is rounded up or down accordingly for display purposes
- overpayments - the calculator assumes that the overpayments illustrated remain constant throughout the term of the mortgage and are made on a monthly basis. If overpayments are made on an adhoc basis, this will reduce the amount of interest paid but not the loan term
- the calculator does not factor in any charges for early repayments.
Warning - the information provided by this tool is for illustrative purposes only and is not a precise calculation. This information does not include all of the details you need to make an overpayment or choose a mortgage. Make sure you read the separate Key Facts Illustration before you choose a mortgage.
Find a mortgage for you
Quickly search our wide range of mortgages to find those that may be available to you.
Find a mortgage
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
† Our Mortgage Team is available Mon to Fri 8am to 10pm, Sat 8am to 8pm and Sun 9am to 8pm