Ways to apply
As a responsible lender, we’re careful when it comes to offering mortgages. Eligibility criteria are below – if you’re not sure, please give us a call.
If you, or your joint applicant, are self-employed, you’ll need to submit audited accounts prepared by an appropriately qualified accountant in support of an application. The governing bodies that we recognise for accounting purposes are:
- ACCA / FCCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- ICAEW – Institute of Chartered Accountants (England & Wales)
- ICAS – Institute of Chartered Accountants (Scotland)
- AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians
- ATT – Association of Taxation Technicians
- CIOT – Chartered Institute of Taxation
- CIMA (ACMA) – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CAI – Chartered Accountants Ireland
- IFA – Institute of Financial Accountants.
If you’re an accountant and you complete your own accounts or a Sole Trader and complete your own self-assessment for Inland Revenue Tax purposes, you’ll also need to have them retrospectively signed and over-stamped by another independent accountant.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
† Lines are open Mon to Fri 8am to 10pm, Sat 8am to 8pm and Sun 9am to 8pm.
†† Lines are open Mon to Fri 8am to 9pm, Sat 8am to 5.30pm.