As a responsible lender, we’re careful when it comes to offering mortgages. Eligibility criteria are below – if you’re not sure, please give us a call.
General property criteria
All properties must be in the UK and be of standard construction with a working kitchen and bathroom.
At the moment, we don’t lend on Buy to Let properties or where the property has been bought under a right to buy or shared ownership scheme. The property must be used as your main residence and not for business purposes.
For leasehold properties, we’ll only lend if there is at least 30 years left on the lease at the end of the proposed mortgage term.
New build properties
We count a property as being new build if it is less than two years old or has never been occupied in its current format. If you're borrowing against a new build property:
- we may lend up to a maximum of 85% Loan to Value (LTV)
- if you have an LTV greater than 75% you’ll need to have a minimum deposit of £25,000.
Properties with land
If the property has more than 15 acres:
- we’ll need a building survey before we can release any part of the mortgage loan
- you’ll need to confirm there is no agricultural restriction attached to the property and that it’s used for personal use
- we’ll only be able to lend you up to 75% of the purchase price or valuation, whichever is the lowest.